CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Holunder Sirup (Elderberry Syrup) 6/10/2011

So Spencer had told me how much he liked Holunder Sirup when he was on his mission and so after we got here we bought some so I could try it. It is a thick syrup you add to water to make juice. Then our landlady started taking about making Holunder Sirup and we realized they had a lot of bushes of Holunder around. So Spencer asked me to learn how to make it. So here is my syrup making fun. Our only problem now is trying to find out if we have the same type of Elderberry at home so I can still make it for Spencer at home.
 You make it out of the flowers when they are in full bloom.
 Then you add some lemons, sugar, water, etc.

Then you let everything sit for at least 24 hours and cook and seal in your jars. It is very easy and very good. I just hope we can figure out if we have the same Elderberries at home because from our research so far many types have poisonous parts and so we wouldn't want to use those. If anyone knows anything about this I would greatly appreciate anything that might help.

1 comment:

  1. Yep wouldn't want you poisoning my brother with his pancakes...

    ReplyDelete