So here are a couple of things I wanted to make sure to blog about that I don't have pictures for.
First on 8/7/2011 we had testimony meeting at church, like we do each month but this time it was different for me. I have always had a hard time bearing my testimony but I made sure I did right before we left Logan and I purposely set a goal in my testimony that I wanted to bear my testimony in German at least once while we were gone. So first my German had to improve but each month I thought about my goal and would work on a very simple version of my testimony in German. My problem was I didn't want to just bear my testimony in German I wanted to do it well and with only possible notes not reading it. I had a really hard time but finally today I knew it was now or never and finally this last week a very simple testimony came together and I practiced saying it. I was so nervous but so glad that I did. That has been one hard thing for me here, not being able to talk with everyone as much as I would like to. But I wanted them to hear my testimony in German. Simple I am sure but it was a great milestone for me.
Second on 8/12/2011 we did a goodbye party with the Rebmann family, or at least as many as we could. They are wonderful people and have become very dear and close friends for us. The language is a barrier some for me still but it is like we are leaving a second family. I was so busy making supper and hoping everything was okay that I forgot to take pictures. Melanie and I decided it would be fun to do an American meal. She wanted a traditional American meal but that is kind of hard to pin point so I just did one we really like. We made chicken salad sandwiches and had cinnamon rolls for dessert. It was so fun to have one last party with the Rebmann family before we head for home.
Next 8/14/2011 Spencer got to talk at church one last time. They are definitely getting the most out of an extra member while we are here. They asked Spencer if he minded talking one more time before we left, so he did. It was a hard day, saying goodbye to our church family. We have made so many friends while we have been here. Some I am sure we will never see again but hopefully some we may see again.
Last 8/17/2011 our final goodbyes. Once again we got to say final goodbyes to the Rebmanns and the Schmids. It is never easy but hopefully we can keep some contact with everyone.
Fire Open House
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment