Growing up my mom always made us the coolest cakes. She would ask us what flavor of cake and what animal or other creation we wanted. We were always very impressed with the cakes she made. She definitely taught and inspired us well. I love creating fun cakes because of watching and helping her so many times. So for Spencer's birthday I was trying to think of what to make and he was very little help. He finally told me he wanted a white or yellow cake but other than that he said it was up to me. I couldn't think of a good idea but then finally it hit me. Spencer was very excited about bringing me to Europe because he wanted to show me all the cool castles. So I decided to make him a castle. I had to borrow pans from friends and even though some of them were a little different than I had used before (the big pan had no bottom, you put it on baking paper on a big flat pan) I finally got my design figured out and here are the results.

All the cake and frosting before I started putting it all together. I baked white cake but put jelly in it to make it marbled and give it a mixed flavor. The towers had apricot jelly in them, the long little rectangle had strawberry jelly and the two big flat squares had a mixed berry jelly.
The final product. Spencer really is more than five but five looked best, more or less candles looked funny. The cake was a big hit. Spencer thought it was awesome. We shared it with our neighbors (our landlords and their four children and families). They really liked it too.
That is awesome! You are too creative.
ReplyDelete